We’re always on the look out for volunteers with new skillsets, so if you’d like to offer your help in ways outside of what’s listed below, please let us know.
All you need to do is fill in the form and we’ll come back to you to discuss options.
Direct ways you can help
1. Assist in the general life of the community, for example:
- Helping with the shopping
- Assisting with the cooking
- Taking residents to appointments if needed
- Staying overnight to relieve the coordinator at times
Any interaction with the members of the community would require a range of processes to ensure that you are suitable and able for the demands of the role and also have received any necessary training.
2. Assist in the Christmas Project:
- Christmas parcels/hampers:
- Collecting items for the Christmas Parcels and materials
- Making up the parcels
- Delivering the parcels to specific houses, under the direction of the coordinator
- Donating food or items for the parcels
- Christmas cards: Writing and/or readdressing Christmas cards
- Christmas dinner: Helping cook the meal and/or serve it
All aspects of the Christmas project require a great deal of funds so if you can’t volunteer your time in any of the above ways, you can still help directly by donating to Gethsemane Community.